Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 1 in Skool

Today is the first day Geraldine started childcare session with Cambridge CDC. Woke her up in the morning feeling sleepy but she was really excited when I told her we are going to school today. We reached there just in time for breakfast. She sat with the rest of the kids and ate chee cheong fan with fresh milk. Next was a short sing along session, followed by outdoor playground. Geraldine fall in love with the playground and was really excited that she forgot I was there and had a great time enjoying herself.
Back from the outdoor playground, feeling really thirsty. She had a fun time playing with her new friends and didn't want to leave the playground.
The kids sitting around and cooling down. The little gal sitting next to Geraldine is Xin Yi, she is a smart little cookie and very talkative too. The gals in her class are all so well behave, demure and so sweet.
Sitting in ciricles getting ready for their English class.
Art class with English Teacher Mary, she feels comfortable and moves around the table asking Teacher Mary if she can change the color of her crayons.
Here she is concentrating real hard on coloring the picture of her feet.
I went to the toilet leaving Geraldine in the classroom with one of the kids. When I got back, I was surprised to find her sitting at the table quietly feeding herself and not looking out for me.
She is busying enjoying her fried rice and soup. It was so tasty that she ask for 2nd helping of the soup.
She finished all her food & did a good job feeding herself only dropping a couple of rice on her pants and didn't drip any soup onto herself. Teacher Mary said Geraldine did a very good job on her first day in childcare without crying and is a well behave gal.
I was pretty proud of her. After lunch, I brought her home. Didn't want to expose her to too much changes on the first day. Here she is looking tired after so much activities and insisted on carrying her own bag.
I ask Geraldine if she likes going to school and she replied me she likes school. I was so happy and relief to hear that! At least, all went well on the first day. Well done Gal!

No comments: