Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ryan's fever fits

I left for work early today as there are much to do with training and implementation thus did not get to carry Ryan before I left.
Daddy called around 8am and says Ryan is running a fever. Daddy brought him to the clinic in the afternoon and his fever shot up to 40.2 degree. At around 9pm, I fed him the Burofen and shortly after, Siti carried him up to me saying Ryan don't look too well. I carried him and he was turning cold and shivery. Suddenly, my little baby starts foaming in his mouth...and he went into a fit! I quickly put my finger in his mouth to prevent him from biting himself. Everyone start rushing to grab the keys and wallet and mad dash out to the car for Mt Alvenia hospital. In the car, Ryan was quickly losing conscious. I keep calling his name and moved my finger in his mouth to feel his response to keep him with me. Luckily, Mt A is near only 7mins drive. By the time we reached, Ryan had turned really cold and his temp has hit 39.5!. Quickly, the nurses gave him oxygen mask. And slowly he starts to get more conscious. He was admitted for test and observation. Doc need to find out if its fever fit or more issues is causing him to have fits. Dr Ong was on leave so we had to switch to Dr Chan. Dr Chan had to take 2 small tubes of blood from Ryan for test. My poor little baby, just 13mth + old and he has to go through this! Hope Ryan will get well soon and that it will not happen again. It is a frightening experiences for all of us. Geraldine had it once when she was 3+ (and that time I was just pregnant with Ryan), just that we never expect Ryan will have it too!

No comments: